To find an invoice in the flow or in the archive, use the Search function. Click Search in the black column on the right
The following window opens:
The form contains several tabs:
- Search: which allows searching in a variety of fields.
- Global search: allows you to search all invoices with a concept.
- Secrecy: for searching invoices that are confidential. Only users with permission to search confidential invoices have access to this tab.
Use the search function
Classification of the search fields according to main headings
The following main headings are used to group the fields that can be used for searching:
|Main heading||Type of fields|
|Limit search to one year||Check this box if you only want to search among invoices from the last 12 months|
|Favourites||Fields that the user chooses to activate as favorite fields.|
Add a field to your favorites list by clicking the star to the left of the field.
To remove a field from Favorites, click the star to the left of the field.
|Invoice header||Fields linked to Invoice header information. There is also a field for free text search on PDF invoices. For example, type "Iphone" and get all invoices where this is specified on the invoice.|
|Accounting||Fields linked to the invoice's accounting (accounting date, verification number, etc.).|
|Document info.||Fields related to the invoice document (batch number, import date etc.).|
|Roles||Fields related to the users who handled the invoice (review, approval).|
|Coding||Fields related to how the invoices are coded, ie the different objects of the coding string. NOTE! you can only search one company at a time.|
|Invoice Status||Options for the status of the invocie|
|Customised status||Additional options for the status of the invoice. The options in this drop list are created in the administration tool, if no options are created, the drop list is not visible. NOTE! you can only search one company at a time.|
If there are more than one company in the system, companies must first be selected before you can search. The company is selected at the top of the page by moving companies from the Available companies box to the Selected companies box
By using the simple arrows, selected companies are moved and by using the double arrows all companies are moved. If only one company exists, this will be automatically selected.
Enter search criteria
- Search is done by entering values for the known fields. One or more field values in combination can be specified.
- "Wildcards" can be used and entered as % or * which symbolizes one or more unknown characters. E.g. all invoices from a particular supplier where only part of the supplier name is known can be searched as follows: *Shell*. The search will list all invoices from suppliers whose names contain Shell.
- If you want to search for split invoices, enter *[_]* in the invoice number field.
- If a search is to be done that requires a field to contain no value, this can be specified by entering a minus sign in the field.
If you want to exclude certain values when searching, for example you want to see invoices from a vendor but not from a certain date range. Click on the gray symbolafter the field name and the symbol changes colorto indicate that the field values are excluded.
View search results
The search result is shown to the right of the window in the form of a list:
The on-screen search result is limited to 1000 invoices and if the search includes more invoices, this message is displayed above the list: Search result: 1000 invoices shown
If you want to see all the invoices, select the Send to Excel check box and then get all the invoices in the same list, with the columns you have selected on the screen.
The check box can of course be used for all search results you want to see in Excel, not just those with large numbers.
Summary of search results
At the top is a summary of the search results comprising:
- Total number of invoices in the search result
- Invoice amount incl. Tax in local currency (for all invoices in the search result)
- Invoice amount exxl. Tax in local currency (for all invoices in the search result)
- Tax in local currency (for all invoices in the search result)
Columns that present the invoices in the search result
The columns to display in the search result are selected on the Settings form, which opens via an icon in the black column.
Addressee with multiple recipients
If there are multiple recipients on the invoice in the current step, the value More is displayed.
By placing the mouse pointer over this value, a tooltip is displayed with the users who have the invoice.
Open the searched invoice
Choose to view the desired invoice by clicking on the current row.
All invoice information can be displayed/read on opened searched invoice, depending on the settings some information can be edited. If you have chosen to display the search results in Excel, the invoice will be opened via a link at the end of each row.
Open search results in MS Excel
The same list that can be printed can also be presented in MS Excel by clicking the Excel button. By selecting Include account coding rows: the invoice account coding rows can also be transferred for presentation in Excel.