When the invoices are imported into the invoice application most of them have been automatically coded by coding suggestions you create in the administration tool. Coding can be done in most stages depending on how the invoice application has been configured.
There are several different ways to code an invoice:
- Type the values directly.
- Start typing a value and choose an alternative in the list that appears.
- Start typing a description and choose an alternative in the list that appears.
- Use the search form that you open by double clicking in the field or by pressing alt+enter.
- Use a coding template
- Type "template" in the field and choose one from the list.
- Click on the button Templates above the coding rows.
- Copy coding from a previous invoice
- Type "previous" in the field and the coding from the latest invoice is copied.
- Choose an invoice from the section Previous and then click on Copy coding.
- Copy previous row
- Use Shift+enter to copy the previous row. Eventual accrual and message are also copied.
- Type "most common" in the field and the most common coding for that vendor in current company is used.
- Instead of typing the amount you can enter a percentage and the application calculates the amount.
- Use the Amount-field as a calculator using +, -, * and /.
Create new row and move between the rows
By default, the Tab key is used to move the cursor to the right, when the last field (review) is passed, a new empty row is automatically created.
Alternatively, a new line can be created directly (regardless of where the cursor is on the current line) by pressing Enter.
It is possible to change so that you instead move the cursor with Enter, this is done by clicking the gear next to the coding rows and selecting the Use Enterkey as Tabkey.
The system calculates what is left of the amount to allocate, and suggests the remaining amount on the new row.
Move between existing rows with the Up Arrow / Down Arrow and Tab / Shift + Tab.
Delete unfinished rows by pressing Esc.
An existing row is deleted by pressing the button with the X to the left on the row.
If special object relations are used in the finance system these will be copied to the invoice application. Three types of relations are supported:
- Mandatory fields are yellow.
- Forbidden fields are grey.
- Optional fields are white.
It is possible to write a message on each coding row by placing the cursor on the current row and then clicking the Message button above the rows. Type the message on the form that opens and click OK.
If there is a message on a row it's shown by a button with a speech bubble to the left of the current coding row.
Click on that button to open the message and delete the message by deleting the text on the form.
NOTE! These messages appear only on the coding rows and not in the Messages section.