The Copy step is an opportunity to distribute invoices in the system to recipients other than those who are to perform the basic invoice processing (coding, review and approval). Examples of copy queues can e.g. be:
- Copy for re-invoicing
- Copy for fixed assets
- Copy for project follow-up
The copy recipient receives the invoices only after the basic processing has been completed and the invoice has been final posted in the ERP system.
Create your own copy queues
Own business-unique copy queues can be created and named in the administration tool.
See further in the article Queues.
Send an invoice to a copy recipient
The choice to send an invoice to a copy recipient can be made in two ways:
- Manual addressing to copy recipients in connection with the invoice being forwarded to the next stage in the flow.
- Automatic addressing to copy recipients based on rules created in the administration tool. See further in the article Create control stages.
Manual addressing to copy recipients
Manual addressing to copy recipients can be done in all stages of the workflow during invoice processing. The function can be found on the send form.
Click the Copy Recipient button to select which copy queue or queues the invoice will be sent to. The following form is displayed:
Select one or more copy recipients in the Available Recipients list and add them to the Selected Recipients list, exit with OK.
Automatic addressing to copy recipients based on rules
Rules for automatically directing certain invoices to copy recipients can be created in the administration tool. The rules can be based on the following conditions:
- All invoices
- Invoices over a certain amount
- Accrued invoices
- Invoices coded with a certain value on a given object in the coding string (eg all invoices coded on a specified account)
- Invoices handled by a specific user (coded, reviewed or approved)
- Invoices from a specific vendor
There are also additional variables for configuring the rules. See further in the article Create control stages.